WHO ARE WE?
Appjobs Work is owned and operated by Appjobs Sweden AB, a company formed in Sweden, with its registered office at Kivra: 559098-4711, 106 31 Stockholm/Sweden, EU VAT NR SE559098471101 (“Appjobs”, “we”, “us”, “our”). Appjobs is the controller of your personal data processed through Appjobs Work.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF APPJOBS WORK?
Appjobs Work is a mobile application intended for freelancers, gig workers or anyone who uses Platforms to do gig jobs, contractual work or bargain assignments.
Unlike the more traditional form of employment, where all employment-related information is handled within the frame of a single employment contract or a single employer-employee relationship, information on your income raised through Platforms may come from a variety of sources. It can therefore be challenging for you to obtain summarized and up-to-date income information or statistics related to your work performance. Such information can be valuable for you to track your earnings raised through different Platforms or to measure the distance you drive while working with Platforms.
The purpose of Appjobs Work is to collect and display information from the Platforms you work with, in order to summarise such information and provide you with aggregated data and statistics on your overall and individual gig or freelance activity, earnings, base pay and tips, as well as mileage you drive - all in one place. Appjobs Work also enables setting a target for the amount of income earned through various Platforms and tracking your progress toward that goal, as well as comparing your results (such as the amount of income earned through Platforms or the number of deliveries/rides made) with results of other Users.
In addition to data aggregation services, Appjobs Work may also provide you with job offers from different Platforms, provide you with recommendations of which platform is currently the most beneficial to use or what gigs are currently happening nearby, enable earning Coins through your participation in the Quests and exchanging Coins for Gifts (as defined in the Terms of Service) as well as offer other features that help you optimise and advance your work with Platforms.
If you become an Appjobs Gig Worker (as defined in the Terms of Service) you may also participate in special Quests and use other features that are available exclusively to Gig Workers.
WHAT ARE PURPOSES AND LEGAL BASIS FOR DATA PROCESSING?
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
(1) collecting your personal data from the Platforms, as long as you give consent to such collection by connecting your Platform account with the Appjobs Work account (the legal basis for such processing is art. 6.1(a) of the GDPR);
(2) provision of the services under the agreement between you and Appjobs, on the terms specified in the Terms of Services available at https://www.appjobs.work/terms-and-conditions, (the legal basis for such processing is art. 6.1(b) of the GDPR), i.e.:
- if you use Earnings Analytics and Earnings Goal features: providing you with aggregated data and statistics on your earnings and work performance related to your gig or freelance activity - based on the information collected from the Platforms you work with, as described in subsection (1) above;
- if you use the Leaderboard feature: enabling you to compare your results - such as the amount of income earned through Platforms or the number of deliveries/rides mad - with results of other Users;
- if you use My Rides feature: enabling you measure the distance you drive or track other other statistics and parameters of the drive, such as average speed or average fuel consumption;
- if you use the Quests and Coins features: enabling you to take part in Quests and achieve the goals set out therein, as well as earn Coins and exchange them for Gifts;
- if you are a Gig Worker: enabling you to conclude a contract for the provision of transportation services with AppJobs Fleet sp. z o.o., i.e. a subsidiary of Appjobs, enabling you to participate in special Quests and use other features available only to Gig Workers.
(3) ensuring the proper technical performance of Appjobs Work (the legal basis for such processing is art. 6.1(b) of the GDPR);
(4) profiling for the purpose of analysis of service usage statistics (the legal basis for such processing is art. 6.1(f) of the GDPR);
(5) direct marketing of other services we provide (the legal basis for such processing is art. 6.1(f) of the GDPR);
(6) responding to your inquiries received (the legal basis for such processing is art. 6.1(f) of the GDPR).
Providing your personal data specified in (1)-(3) is not a legal obligation, but it is necessary for us to perform the services to you under the agreement between you and us. Providing your personal data specified in (4)-(6) is not a legal obligation either, however it is necessary for us to improve our services, promote our products and respond to your inquiries.
WHAT KIND OF DATA DO WE PROCESS?
Data collected from you: In order for Appjobs Work to work, you must provide us with information associated with the Platform or Platforms you are registered to by connecting your selected Platform accounts to your Appjobs Work account. You can connect your Platform account in Appjobs Work mobile application. The data from Platform which you want to connect may be a:
- login credentials,
- email address,
- phone number,
- MFA codes received through SMS or a 3rd party MFA application,
- answers to security questions,
- your activity related to the Appjobs Work.
Data collected from Platforms: What data is received through Appjobs Work will depend on what data is available in your profile of each Platform, but it will usually include information on personal details such as:
- your given names,
- your likeness,
- home or business address,
- information on your income such as base earning, tips, bonuses, fees and adjustments,
- upcoming payment information,
- performance ratings and acceptance rates,
- details about gigs you’ve performed such as start and end times and distance covered,
- details about your freelance activity,
- information on your work vehicles and documents such as driving license, ID and insurance.
Regardless of the information you provide on the Platforms, when registering to Appjobs Work it will be necessary for you to provide us with your phone number, to which we will send you a verification code. The above registration process will enable us to confirm that the provided phone number belongs to you.
If you use the Earnings Analytics, Earnings Goal and Leaderboard features, we will process data about your income earned through the Platforms you connected to your Appjobs Work account, your earning goals and your progress towards them. As part of the Leaderboard feature, we will also process such data as: avatar and nickname under which your score will be presented in the Leaderboard, as well as your position in the Leaderboard against other Users.
If you activate the My Rides feature, we may also collect your device's location and physical activity. You can activate and deactivate My Rides tracking at any time. Appjobs Work will ask you for location and physical activity tracking permissions the first time you turn on the feature. Appjobs Work will track your location and physical activity data only when My Rides feature is on and permissions are given.
If you participate in Quests, collect Coins and exchange them for Gifts, we will process such data as: Quests you participate in, the number of Coins you earn and the types of Gifts you purchase in exchange for Coins.
If you become an Appjobs Gig Worker, we will process the data you insert into the registration form while entering into the contract for the provision of transport services, including but not limited to: name and surname, company name, tax identification number, PESEL number, residence or business address, bank account number, telephone number, e-mail address.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
We store your personal data for the following period of time:
(1) data received from the Platforms, data necessary for the performance of the services, data collected via Appjobs Work features, data necessary for the proper technical performance of Appjobs Work and service usage statistics data:
- we store such data for as long, as you are an active user of the Appjobs Work, i.e. until you delete your Appjobs Work account, until you revoke your consent to link all your Platforms accounts with Appjobs Work account or until you deactivate given Appjobs Work feature; in case you delete your Appjobs Work account or revoke such consent, we store the data for up to 7 days after your account is deleted or your consent is revoked, afterwards we will anonymise your data and process it as a non-personal data;
(2) marketing data:
- we store such data until you oppose to or withdraw your consent to receive such information;
(3) data necessary for responding to your inquiries:
- we store such data for as long as is necessary to resolve your case or as long as is required by law for the limitation periods of claims.
WHO MAY RECEIVE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may disclose your personal data to:
(1) benefit providers or other third parties to whom access to your personal data is necessary for the use of exchanging Coins collected in return for completing the Quests for Gifts - if you take part in Quests, collect Coins and exchange them for Gifts;
(2) other Users - if you activate the Leadership feature;
(3) our subsidiary Appjobs Fleet sp. z o.o. - if you are an Appjobs Gig Worker;
(4) IT services and systems providers that we use to operate Appjobs Work, including authentication, hosting and encryption services or tools;
(5) IT services and systems providers that we use to communicate with you, including via push notifications, email messages, text messages (SMS) or phone calls;
(6) legal advisors or consultants - to the extent such disclosure is necessary for our use of their services;
(7) courts, administrative, governmental or regulatory authorities or law enforcement agencies - if such disclosure is required by law.
(8) other service partners such as financial services, insurance or job providers to offer you relevant and helpful products that will help you optimise and advance your platform work upon your prior consent.
Some of the services we use process the data outside the European Economic Area. Therefore, we may transfer your personal data outside the EEA. However, any such transfer will be made in accordance with provisions of the GDPR and based on appropriate safeguards such as standard contractual clauses (as specified in the art. 46.2 of the GDPR).
You have the right to:
- Access your data: You have the right to access the information that we have on you. If you choose to exercise this right, upon your request, we will also make sure to provide you with a copy of the data we process about you and information about how we process them. We will fulfill your request by sending your copy electronically, unless the request expressly specifies a different method. For any subsequent access request, we may charge you with an administrative fee.
- Rectification of data, erasure and restriction of processing: If you believe that the information we have about you is incorrect, you are welcome to contact us, so we can update it and keep your data accurate. We will automatically delete information about you after it is no longer needed for the purposes it was collected for. Nonetheless, if at any point you wish for us to delete information about you, you have the right to do so. You also have the right to obtain restriction of processing of your data.
- Data portability: in case the processing of your personal data is based on a contract or your consent, you have the right to receive the personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You can also request us to transmit such data to another controller if it is technically feasible.
- Withdraw your consent and object to processing: If the processing of your data is based on a consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on this consent before its withdrawal. In case the processing of your data is based on our legitimate interest you have the right to object to such processing.
- Lodge a complaint to the data protection authority: If you think that your rights were not observed or that your privacy was harmed, you can always lodge a complaint to the data protection authority - the President of the Polish Personal Data Protection Office.
In order to comply with requests concerning your rights, if the information that you provide is insufficient to identify you, we will ask you to give us some additional information that we will use to verify your identity. If you fail to provide such information we may refuse to fulfil your request.
AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING
We do not use any information you provide for automated decision-making purposes.
ANALYTICS AND MARKETING TOOLS
We use Mixpanel in order to monitor user interactions with the Appjobs Work. Mixpanel is a user analytics tool that allows us to track how you interact with Appjobs Work. Data is sent from your device or your server to Mixpanel, where it can be analyzed in real-time to better identify trends and understand your behavior. For detailed information about Mixpanel's data processing practices click here.
We use Kochava in order to monitor marketing attribution in the Appjobs Work. Kochava helps us to determine, which of our marketing activities or what kind of interactions influenced your choice to use Appjobs Work. Kochava collects device information, e.g. when you click on an advertisement served by a network. For detailed information about Kochava's data processing practices click here.
We use Smartlook in order to create the click map and monitor the user traffic in Appjobs Work. Smartlook is a visitor recording tool that allows us to see Appjobs Work through users’ eyes and to analyse the path followed by users. For detailed information about Smartlook's data processing practices click here.
CHANGES TO THE POLICY
We constantly review our Policy and strive towards making it better. That is why we reserve the right to amend this Policy from time to time. We will not reduce any of your rights stated in this Policy without asking for explicit prior consent to the changes. Each amendment to the Policy will be signed with the date of publishing and will be effective from that date.